The man with the lamb

Our new flyers advertising the sale of lamb at the farm have succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. They have not only managed to seduce many potential customers but also cause them to salivate and dribble over the back cover for a long period of time.

Unfortunately, this has yet to lead to an order, because instead of hearing magical words such as “I’d like half a lamb please” I can just make out something to the effect of “tanned…muscles….sexy” through the slobber. The flyer is then shoved guiltily into a handbag, with a look that tells me it will probably be stuck to the fridge later. Back to front.

The farmer and his flock

When I put this photo on the back of the flyers, I thought it would be a nice personal touch – a friendly face amongst the sheep and chops as it were. It’s one of my favourites, taken during a morning stroll up to pastures behind the farm. Even if I did get electrocuted.

When I was choosing the photos, I suppose I never really gave any thought to the fact that my husband didn’t fall into the “typical Alpine farmer” category. He doesn’t have an imposing moustache, possess a flat cap, or wear trousers pulled up to his armpits. Oh I know that I have always found him très beau, but I never imagined that half the housewives in the Alps would as well.

I am now faced with the dilemma that once the advertising campaign is finished, the paper version of my husband will find its way into the hands of almost a thousand women. All things considered, maybe I should send out just half the flyers this year.

And by “half” I mean the front page only.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Farming and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The man with the lamb

1. Megan says:

What a great picture! (and I don’t mean that in a dirty way). Wow. What a life.

2. Mary Alice says:

tee hee…I can understand your dilemma. I think I would be a bit hesitant to have my husband magnetized to the front of other women’s refrigerators too.

3. tut-tut says:

That IS a great photo; I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the actually selling of the lamb.

4. Kathleen says:

Oh my gosh, that is sooooo funny! I wish you luck with your
    sales!

5. LOL! You’ve made your hubby a pinup boy! 🙂

6. morgan says:

oh, so totally hilarious. Good luck with your selling, if I were closer, I’d order ~

7. Woo Hoo!! A pin-up boy. He may have a new career as a male model.

8. cari says:

Haha, funny…the female members of farming commumnities are quite susceptable to latent “talent”. Fabulous pic, but I mean the landscape (as well as the beefcake or would that be sheepcake?) Hope you have many orders soon! BTW your sheep are so clean and snowy white! Our Scottish sheep are shaggy and muddy and grey and tangled – but cute in a sort of grungy way 😉

9. J says:

I can see it now… the “Sexy Shepherds of the French Alps” calendar. A new business venture!

10. Heidi says:

That is hilarious! Though I have to say…that picture is fabulous!

Good luck with the actual LAMB selling 🙂

Heidi

11. Lizzy says:

I don’t know if I’d be more proud that my hubby was pin-up worthy or more insanely jealous of him being slobbered on by other females. Tough choice. But, if his tan muscles sell a few extra pounds of lamb it’s all good, right?

Personally I’m slobbering more over the back drop. What a heavenly view.

12. meredith says:

I’ll let you know if I see him pinned up on the walls chez le boucher 🙂