One dog’s life

As grass in the fields is becoming scarce here, the sheep go to graze every day in the orchard. Our Pyrenean sheepdog, Flossy keeps a watchful eye on them. Looks pretty pleased with herself, doesn’t she?

Flossy, Pyrenean sheep dog

Here she is on patrol duty. Even when the sheep are quietly grazing there’s no way she’s going to leave them in peace.  She’s the boss and don’t you forget it!

Flossy, the sheep dog with our Préalpes sheep

Ok, ok it’s time to go. Round them up and let’s go home. The orchard is a half-hour walk away and she should stay behind the flock, but she’s always in too much of a hurry. I wonder who’ll arrive back at the sheep barn first?

Flossy, Pyrenean sheep dog

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Farming and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to One dog’s life

1. Mary Alice says:

She is so cute and important. Love the pictures. We had a Great Pyrenees dog when I was growing up, talk about enormous – that was a dog and a half.

2. tut-tut says:

We also had a Great Pyrenees! Nice glimpse into the life of a sheepdog.

3. cari says:

She takes her job seriously! What a cute face though. My sister in law had a Great Pyrenees – we had two St Bernard’s – but all three of them had the sweetest dispositions…the children used them like live bean bags 🙂

4. "Sunshine" says:

I loved this post for obvious reasons.

Thanks for sharing a “day in the life” of your dog!!

“Sunshine”

5. Lizzy says:

Lovely photos (as always).
    =)

6. I’m not really one who loves dogs, but I have to say that your dog looks like one that I would really enjoy having around. Smart, cute and friendly but hard-working.

7. Looks to me like she prefers being the Pied Piper rather than leading from the rear! 🙂

8. Heidi says:

I love these shots…the sheep in the background are hilarious with one eye on the food and one eye on doggie, and
    Flossy looks like the Queen of the Orchard. Which I’m sure she is.

Thanks for sharing 🙂